Lower back pain is one of the most common ailments in the United States, and also one of the most easily preventable. These articles explain why you might be suffering from back pain and how to prevent it:
- Medical News Today relates the many factors that can contribute to the onset of back pain.
- Do you have a desk job that demands many hours of sitting? Livestrong.com details why lower back pain often results from office work.
- The rate of obesity is rising in the United States, which in part may explain why back pain is also prevalent. WebMD.com discusses the link between back pain and obesity.
- Strengthening your abdominal and back muscles can ward off lower back pain. The Mayo Clinic relays the other benefits of core exercise.
- Are you a frequent flyer? MSN.com offers some luggage handling tips for those who travel by air.
Dr. Gary Kraus, M.D. of the Kraus Back & Neck Institute can help Houston-area patients suffering from lower back, spine, and neck pain. If you are experiencing pain, stiffness, or numbness in your back, call (888) 816-8954 to make an appointment with a spine specialist.