MISS is the acronym for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. It has changed how neurosurgeons operate today. MISS techniques reduce the need for large incisions, muscle cutting, and a long period of recovery. Instead, your neurosurgeon uses highly refined instruments, tools, devices, and imaging technology to access your spine through skin punctures or tiny incisions less than one-inch long!
Minimally-invasive spine surgery procedures performed at KBNI include:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Axial Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Direct Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Annuloplasty
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Transforanimal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
For more information about minimally-invasive spine surgery, please visit KBNI online.